Spring 2023 Drop-In Group Advising Sessions (All students are welcome)
In-Person Meetings (Gym 117a)
Zoom Meetings (Link: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/86865067419?pwd=cnduMXl0ZTg0OFFDQUxsblo4cGdxZz09)
|Thursday February 16: 1-2pm||Friday February 17: 12-1pm|
|Thursday March 30: 1-2pm||Friday March 17: 12-1pm|
|Thursday April 20: 1-2pm||Friday April 14: 12-1pm|
|Thursday May 18: 1-2pm||Friday May 12: 12-1pm|
Advisor list is for declared Kinesiology students or Athletic Coaching minors. Click the link above to search for your assigned advisor. You may find your advisor by your last name and last 4 digit of your student ID #. If your information is not on the advisor list, please email email@example.com.
Click the link above to access the list of office hours for all teaching faculty and lecturers. Office hours are subject to change.
Newly Admitted Students
If you are a newly admitted student, we highly encourage you to get connected with your advisor as early in the semester as possible.
How to schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment with your advisor, please contact them via email. All faculty office hours and contact information can be found in the main office in GYM 101. If your advisor is the Department Chair or Associate chair, please see the front desk in the main office in Gym 101 or call (415) 338-2244, to schedule an appointment with the Chair or Associate Chair.
Cancelling an appointment
We highly suggest that you inform your advisor at any time if you are unable to attend your appointment. Appointments with the Department Chair or Associate Chair can be cancelled through the main office front desk in GYM 101 or call (415) 338-2244. Please be courteous of our advisor's time as they are busy throughout the semester.
Documents to bring to your appointment
- Degree Progress Report (DPR) – Can be accessed via student center, on the left drop down menu. Please have it available with you either electronically or printed.
- Unofficial transcripts of credit you have received from another institution, if not on your DPR. Examples are college courses, AP credits, military credit. Please have it available with you either electronically or printed.
- Advanced Standing Evaluation (ASE) if applicable. You can get a copy of your ASE at the Registrar's office; it is not available on line.
- Current class schedule. Please have it available with you either electronically or printed.
- Questions or concerns
How often should I see an advisor
It is recommended to meet with an advisor every semester to ensure that you are on the right pathway to graduation. Keep in mind that the busiest time to meet with an advisor is during the beginning and end of the semester, and is the most difficult time to schedule an appointment. We recommend that you meet with an advisor during the middle of the semester when our advisors are the most flexible.
General Education Advising
Our faculty advisors only advise students on major requirements. For general education advising, please see a general education advisor at the following departments:
- CHSS Student Resource Center in HSS 254
- Undergraduate Advising Center in ADM 212
Quick Question Advising
For quick question advising, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The Kinesiology Peer Advisers are trained student advisers committed to providing resources, guidance and information to undergraduate Pre-Kinesiology and Kinesiology students.
Peer advisers can assist students with general questions related to the following:
- Major Pre-requisites
- Applying to Kinesiology
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Transferring Major Courses
- Enrolling in a Capstone Course
- Applying for Graduation
Are you Ready to Graduate?
As an undergraduate student, you must have completed 90 units to be eligible to apply to graduate.
Please visit the SFSU's Registrar's Website for the complete steps for applying for graduation.