If you have questions, we may have the answers! Please read through our frequently asked questions. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact your academic advisor or the folks in the main office.
- How do I change my major to Kinesiology?
- I'm having a hard time getting into KIN 250, where can I take an equivalent of KIN 250: Intro to Kinesiology?
- How do I withdraw from a Kinesiology class?
- Where do I get a withdrawal, subsitution, late add form, etc.?
- Where can I find prerequisite information for PT and OT programs?
- Where can I find information about applying to the Kinesiology program?
- How do I apply for graduation?
- How do I transfer my credits from a community college to SFSU?
2. I'm having a hard time getting into KIN 250, where can I take an equivalent of KIN 250: Intro to Kinesiology?
We have compiled a list of colleges that offer a KIN 250 equivalent course here.
First, read up on the College of Health and Social Sciences withdrawal policy here. Fill out your withdrawal form, then have your instructor, and Dr. Lee sign it. Bring the form to the Kinesiology Department ofice in Gym 101. We will make you a copy for your files and for ours. Take the form to HSS 239 for final review and signature by the Associate Dean.
We have hard copies of the forms in Gym 101, but for your convenience we have them in digital format here.
5. Where can I find prerequisite information for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy programs?
Check this link for detailed information on Physical Therapy programs.
Check this link for detailed information on Occupational Therapy programs.
First, you must complete the University Exit Survey (please Registrar's website) to proceed with the online application form for graduation. Your graduation application must be signed by your advisor and the Associate Chair. Secondly, you must complete the Kinesiology Exit Survey. Please type your name and print the last page of the Kinesiology Exit Survey, and submit with your graduation application to GYM 101 to recieve the associate chair's signature.
You will need to send an official transcript from your community college to the Registrar's office.