Location: Gym 124
I am a lecturer specializing in motor learning and skill acquisition, as well the development of students’ written communication and employability skills. Having coached in a range of elite youth and college environments, my teaching is underpinned by a wealth of practical experience and also informed by my research into sports coaching, pedagogy and reflective practice.
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science. Nottingham Trent University.
- MSc Coaching Science. University of the West of England.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. University of the West of England
Coaching behaviours, stress and coaching, reflective practices in sports coaching/coach education, games-based coaching
- Dixon, M., Turner, M. J., & Gillman, J. (2016). Examining the relationships between challenge and threat cognitive appraisals and coaching behaviours in football coaches. Journal of Sports Sciences.
- Dixon, M., Lee, S., & Ghaye, T. (2015). Strengths-Based Reflective Practices in the Management of Change: Applications from Sport and Positive Psychology. Journal of Change Management. Published online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14697017.2015.1125384
- Dixon, M., & Brownett, J. (2015). The coach-athlete relationship in physical education: A qualitative investigation of female students in the United Kingdom. Educazione Fisica e Sport nella Scuola. 250, pp 28-33.
- Dixon, M., & Ghaye, T. (2015). Improving Performance: Coaching through Positive Reflection and Action. Maisemore, New Vista Publications.
- Dixon, M., & Ghaye, T. (2013). Coaching for Performance: Realising the Olympic Dream. Oxon, Routledge.
- Dixon, M., Lee, S., & Ghaye, T. (2012). Coaching for Performance: an Interview with Olympic Diving Coach, Andy Banks. Reflective Practice. 13 (3).
- KIN 486: Motor Learning
- KIN 330GW: Becoming a Kinesiologist - GWAR