The B.S. in Kinesiology (EMS) serves students interested in biomechanics, exercise physiology, motor behavior, sport/exercise psychology, socio-cultural studies of physical activity, and physical rehabilitation. Graduates of this program gain the skills and knowledge needed for advanced study in any of the above-mentioned domains or employment in fitness and rehabilitation settings, physical activity programming, and as consultants for agencies developing physical activity policy.
About Special Education (Orientation & Mobility)
The program prepares professionals to teach people of all ages who have visual impairments (including those with multiple disabilities) how to navigate their environment safely and efficiently using a white cane or visual skills. The curriculum includes such things as independent travel in indoor and outdoor environments; sensory and motor development; daily living skills; use of low vision, GPS, and electronic devices in travel. Graduates take jobs in schools, adult rehabilitation centers, or work as private contractors. The Federal government currently lists O&M as an area of personnel shortage. SFSU has a 100% employment rate of its graduates and stipend money is available to help defray tuition costs. Part-time and full-time educational options are available.
To be considered for admission, students must be a declared Kinesiology major and have received:
- minimum All University GPA of 3.0 and 3.0 in the last 60 units.
- Must not have no more than 90 units completed
- Must complete all lower division GE courses
These documents/requirements should be included with the SF Scholars application:
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Letters of Recommendation (2 minimum)
- Interview with SPED Faculty
Students will need to submit these documents to SPED before they can transition to the Graduate Level:
- Written English Proficiency (For MA)
- CSET: Writing Skills Test
- Fingerprint Clearance (For CRED)
- Complete LiveScan fingerprinting and apply for document with CA CTC
- Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) (waiver)
- Meets Basic Skills Requirements:
1. ENG 114
(Students must receive B- or higher/CR grade)