Kinesiology Peer Advisers
Peer Advisers 2021-2022
About The Peer Advising Program
The Kinesiology Peer Advisers are trained student advisers committed to providing resources, guidance and information to undergraduate Pre-Kinesiology and Kinesiology students.
Drop-In hours to meet with a peer adviser are available in GYM 100B. Drop-In hours are posted outside GYM 100B or in Kinesiology Main Office GYM 101.
Peer advisers can assist students with general questions related to the following:
- Major Pre-requisites
- Applying to Kinesiology
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Transferring Major Courses
- Enrolling in a Capstone Course
- Applying for Graduation
How to Become a Peer Adviser
- Earn 1-2 units
- Attend professional conferences
- Build your verbal communication skills
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Great on graduate school or professional resume
- Must be a Kinesiology major
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff.
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, maturity and academic excellence.