Locker Room Rentals
The men’s and women’s locker rooms are located inside of the Gymnasium Building. The locker rooms are multi-functional areas where Campus Recreation, Athletics and Kinesiology Departments share the facility. Individual lockers and towel service is available for semester rental. If you are interested in purchasing a locker and towel service please follow the instructions noted below. Access to the swimming pool is through the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
Locker Room Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am-9:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:45pm
Note: These hours are subject to change.
How to Rent a Locker ($15/semester)
1. Visit the Bursar's office in-person or pay for a locker using our online ordering system: https://commerce.cashnet.com/LOCKERS
2. Print out your order confirmation and present it to the locker room attendant
3. Locker room attendant will assign you a locker and towel (we DO NOT provide a lock for you)
Locker Room Policies
The members of the locker room staff are here to assist you, but in order to do so, we need your cooperation so that things run smoothly.
- Lockers will be issued on a first come, first served basis. If you have special needs, tell us before you are issued a locker. NO REFUNDS ARE OFFERED IF YOU DROP A CLASS OR CHANGE YOUR MIND.
- Locks are no longer provided for locker renters; you must supply your own padlock.
- Sharing of lockers is prohibited. Anyone who is found using a locker without having rented it is subject to disciplinary action for theft of services.
- Locker Damage: If you find any damage, or stickers attached, to the outside of your locker, report it to a locker room staff member immediately. If graffiti, decals, or stickers are found inside the locker during clearance, you will be fined $20.00.
- Locker Clearance Date: The last day of instruction for the semester is also the final day to clear your locker.
To clear your locker, you must:
- Empty your locker out completely
- Return all issued items
- Pick up your locker card—having the card will serve as proof that you have cleared and returned all articles.
- If you leave your lock on your locker, it will be cut off, and a $10.00 fine administered. LOOK ON THE BACK OF THIS SHEET FOR ADDITIONAL LOCKER CLEARANCE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
- Towel Exchange: One towel will be issued if requested. Locker users may return their towel to the equipment window to be exchanged. Make sure that a staff member sees you put your towel in the basket. Do not use the towel as a cleaning cloth or rag. For additional towel policies, refer to the towel policies sheet posted at the equipment room window. There is a $5.00 fine for each lost or damaged towel.
- Lost/Stolen Items: The Kinesiology dept. and the locker room staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Make sure your locker is properly locked when you leave your locker. Items turned into the equipment room will be held for five days only. You can report stolen items to the Department of Public Safety (415 338-2222).
- Smoking/Eating: Smoking is strictly prohibited in campus, and ever more so in the locker room! If you must eat while in the locker room, clean up after yourself. Food residue can attract ants and mice.
Class Cancellations will be posted in the glass encased bulletin board at the main locker room entrance.
1. Equipment loans are only for Kinesiology Classes.
2. All equipment loan requests, must be made 24-48 hours in advance either online or in person.
3. Orders will be taken only Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm. Also Excluding Holidays.
4. Students checking out equipment must present their ID card before equipment is loaned out. The ID card will be held in the L.I.E.F office (GYM 120F), until the equipment is accounted for and returned.
5. When returning equipment, make sure everything that was loaned out is accounted for. DO NOT LEAVE BORROWED EQUIPMENT ON OR BY THE COUNTER. Fines will be imposed if items are lost, damaged due to neglect, or returned late.
To begin the online Equipment Ordering, click here.
If you run into any problems, please contact the Kinesiology Office at email@example.com.