Capstone Course

Kinesiology students concentrating in Exercise and Movement Science are required to complete 3 units from the following list of capstone courses.

No priority registration allowed. You must obtain a permission number from the instructor before the add deadline. Please below the instructions below on how to add the course.


KIN696 Community based Internship

  1. Contact the director, Dr. Walsh (, 1 semester in advanced if you are interested in enrolling in KIN 696.


KIN 697 & 698 Senior Research Seminar & Project

  1. You must fill out the graduation application prior to enrollment. Follow the Kinesiology graduation application guidelines on how to complete your file your graduation application.
  2. Bring signed graduation application to the first day of class. Graduating seniors will be given priority
  3. If you are a double major, you must still fill out the graduation application but are not required to submit it to the registrar’s office


KIN 699 Independent Research

  1. You must contact a faculty who is currently doing research and get permission from the instructor to be accepted as their research assistant. Note: The instructors on record are not necessarily doing research!
  2. Complete a petition for independent study and obtain signature from your instructor.
  3. Submit your petition to the Kinesiology Main Office in GYM 101 for the department chair’s signature.
  4. Once approved, you will be emailed a permission code to add the course.