- How do I change my major to Kinesiology?
- I'm having a hard time getting into KIN 250, where can I take an equivalent of KIN 250: Intro to Kinesiology?
- How do I withdraw from a Kinesiology class?
- How do I make an appointment to meet with an advisor?
- Where do I get a withdrawal, subsitution, late add form, etc.?
- Where can I find prerequisite information for PT programs?
- Where can I find information about applying to the Kinesiology program for Fall 2014?
- How do I apply for graduation?
From August 1, 2013 to October 1, 2013 you must have complete with a C or better:
BS Kin E & MS Science BS Kin Physical Education
Human Biology, 3 Units Human biology, 3 units.
General Statistics, 3 units General Statistics, 3 units
Human Anatomy, 4 units Human Anatomy, 4 units
Human Physiology 4 units
Chemistry lecture and lab, 4 units
Physics lecture and lab, 4 units
Students with a GPA lower than a 2.5 will not be accepted.
Student change of major applications will be denied if they have completed over 70 units or 92 units including prerequisites for the E&MS Concentration 79 for the PE Concentration (meaning they could not complete the 66-70 Kin major courses (44-48 for E&MS excluding prerequisites and 58-60 for PE) WITHOUT exceeding 140 units).
We have compiled a list of colleges that offer a course the department accepts as a KIN 250 subsititute here.
First, read up on the College of Health and Social Sciences withdrawal policy here. Fill out your withdrawal form, then have your instructor, and Dr. Abraham sign it. Bring the form to the Kinesiology Department ofice in Gym 101. We will make you a copy for your files and for ours. Take the form to HSS 239 for final review and signature by the Associate Dean.
Come to Gym 101 to set up an appointment with an advisor. You can call the main office at 415.338.2244 to make an appointment as well.
We have hard copies of the forms in Gym 101, but for your convenience we have them in digital format here.
Check this link for detailed information on PT programs.
You will need to get your application from the Registrar's website. The application is available after completing the University exit survey. The application must be signed by your advisor and the Associate Chair. Your application will not be signed by the Associate Chair until you have completed the Kinesiology Exit Survey.